Sunday 21 April 2013

Busy Weeks Ahead and Behind

I think, for all the concern on how well things would go for me after chemo, after cancer, and whether or not I would just be stuck at home as some sort of doormat for the world has been answered the last few weeks. I don't think I have to worry about doing nothing necessarily, as I have been busier than I have been in a long time.

I have a job interview coming up this week, which should be pretty exciting. I am looking forward to meeting some new people and showing them "what I have got" to make me their man. I have also been really busy lately with my "Ride to Conquer Cancer" as fundraising efforts for the team has passed $17000 now. I also have two events coming up this week (one sanctioned by the ride and the other just a team meetup, but both should be fun).

With the ride, training has also ramped up. This combined with all the preparation for a job interview can really eat up your time! Adding in the fact that I go to the gym 4-5 times a week leaves not much free time for other things! And oh yeah, I have my research job, running a lab, and getting ready for conference presentations and writing publications!

I am busier than I have been in a long time, and although stressful, it is good to be busy. There were a lot of days I thought I would not have this opportunity again so I am trying my best to appreciate it (I wouldn't say enjoying it just because it can be hectic and stressful at times).

I guess it is getting busy these days. I hope some of these things work out well. I think that would be quite nice. I am glad I have the opportunity to be busy. I can be slowed sometimes. My hip and leg always make cycling more difficult then I would like (and stairs) and some chemo side effects mean I just need to study a bit longer when reading new papers, but I will always do that. It can be upsetting at times, but it is better than what else could of happened to me.

I am happy I still have time to write my blog too. I will make sure I always have time for that though, no matter how busy I get, it always manages to relax me a little, and put my life into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment